1292 ARMY CADET SUPPORT SOCIETY

DRAFT MINUTES

For January 11, 2018

 

 

ATTENDANCE:

Hilda P, Alison H, Randy H, Amber M, Anne J, Carla W, Aaron W, Rob F, Linda B

 

 

CALL TO ORDER 18:38 PM by Nancy K

 

APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Motion: Rob F

Second: Erin W

 

 

APPROVAL OF MINUTES from November 23, 2017 meeting

Motion Hilda P

Second Carla W

 

 

UPDATE ON SUPPORT SOCIETY BOARD POSITIONS –Nancy K

 

MOTION to accept Nancy Klensch as President for the 1292 Army Cadet Support Society for the remainder of the 2017-2018 year.

 

Motion: Hilda P

Second: Rob F

Carried

 

MOTION to accept Tracey Pelly as Vice President for the 1292 Army Cadet Support Society for the remainder of the 2017-2018 year.

 

Motion: Carla W

Second: Anne J

Carried

 

MOTION to appoint Alison Hubscher as interim treasurer for the 1292 Army Cadet Society.

 

ACTION ITEM: SOCIETY WILL POST VOLUNTEER POSITION TO CPA WEBSITES FOR A CA/ CPA TO BE TREASURER MOVING FORWARD WHICH WILL ALSO FACILITATE OUR APPLYING FOR SOCIETY STATUS

 

ACTION ITEM: BANKING DETAILS TO BE UPDATED FOR SIGNING AUTHORITY

 

ACTION ITEM: CHRISTINE WILL FORWARD INFO TO ALISON FOR VOLUNTEER CREDENTIALS FOR RCACC SOCIETY

 

 

 

REPORTS:

 

PRESIDENTS REPORT:

 

Website transition – still working on details with designer

  • Still looking at the forum section
  • Adding parent log ins still required rather than having parents use cadets log in – to do ASAP
  • Can we add a “contact us “ button on main page to simplify communications
  • Add an “ absent cadet” button to the main page of the website
  • Simplify calendar on website – have it in one place only in the log in section not public facing section
  • Still to come online store for SWAG!

 

ACTION ITEM – NANCY WILL CONNECT WITH MIGUEL TO ADD THESE FEATURES AND COMMMUNICATE TO PARENTS ONCE READY FOR USE

 

 

Email transition:

 

  • Minimize the email addresses – society/ info /CO @1292cadets.ca
  • For society email have an auto reply saying we will answer within 72 hours
  • REMEMBER THE OVERALL HOPE IS THAT THE CADETS LEARN TO MANAGE THEMSELVES THROUGH CHAIN OF COMMAND!! AND DARWIN’S LAW

 

 

 

TREASURERS REPORT including budget

  • Variance reporting presented by Tracey

 

MOTION to accept the financials – variance reporting and budget

 

MOTION: Rob F

SECOND: Erin W

 

 

FUNDRAISING REPORT:

 

  • Bottle drive went really well but we learned a lot on how to do things better
  • Looking at a second bottle drive after may long weekend perhaps staged out of the Military Museum with a BBQ as well
  • Nicole will look into fees charged by the bottle recycling company
  • Potluck dinner – was scheduled for January 21 – very short time lines until then and no volunteers coming forward – CANCELLED
  • Instead we will schedule end of year BBQ/ bottle drive event along with summer biathalon event – will strike a committee to organize this starting ASAP – tentative date June 9
  • Monthly fundraisers planned moving forward
  • next month SCENTSY fundraiser
  • march-april – cocobrooks again
  • may – no fundraiser planned at this time due to cadet fundraiser
  • june – bottle drive
  • CASINO – we have a confirmed date for Q4 2018
  • 2509 Cadets have been approved for Flames fundraiser – they have very few parents participating and they are looking to partner with another corps

 

 

ACTION ITEM – NICOLE WILL SEND OUT A CANCELLATION FOR THE 21 ST POTLUCK

 

ACTION ITEM – NICOLE WILL SEND OUT A FUNDRAISING SCHEDULE TO PARENTS

 

ACTION ITEM – ZANE WILL FRAME UP THE FUNDRAISER CADETS WILL BE DOING

 

ACTION ITEM – NEED TO FINALIZE THE WCB APPLICATION – TRACEY

 

ACTION ITEM – ZANE WILL CONNECT NICOLE TO 2509 TO PARTNER WITH THEM

 

ACTION ITEM – NICOLE WILL CONFIRM WITH AGLC OUR NEW DETAILS

 

 

C.O. REPORT:

 

  • 151 CADETS – 19 NES – cadets that are not attending and expected to leave but still on books for purposes of adding a new officer position
  • FTX scheduling is in limbo due to scheduling issues – APRIL 6,7 still guaranteed
  • STRATHCONA concentration – Edmonton – this year 100th anniversary Battle of Morale (sp) – would like us to attend that parade – it is midweek though 20-23 March – and need to make sure staff available to attend… so may be cancelled as a large group event
  • June 9 Summer Biathalon
  • ACR will be held along with year end mess at the Military Museum – so no charge for space
  • League Rep Marilyn Nassi has resigned – replacement will be Karen Beraskin – wife of the League secretary – first meeting for her this Saturday
  • Summer camp applications due by end of month
  • Still working on gear pricing / design
  • Updated website to follow
  • Drill team has been moved back to Mondays at Currie Barracks – start date TBD

 

  • SECOND LFT KING HAS BEEN SELECTED AS HONOR OFFICER FOR THE CADET LEAGUE SOUTHERN ZONE– CONGRATULATIONS MIKE!!

 

 

ACTION ITEM: ZANE WILL SET UP A MEETING WITH KAREN AND THE BOARD

 

ACTION ITEM: CHRISTINE WILL TAKE DOWN EXISTING GEAR ON WEBSITE UNTIL WE HAVE THE NEW OFFERINGS

 

 

 

NEXT MEETINGS:

 

Feb 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 (appoint financial auditors)

April 12, 2018

May 10, 2018 (nominations for board positions/call for casino volunteers)

June 14, 2018

 

 

ADJOURNMENT 20:21

 

MOTION : TRACEY

SECOND : ROB F